Peg Board Spice Rack

A friend of mine is moving to a new home, and she mentioned to me that she has never had a spice rack. Around this time, I was putting together ideas for my monthly DIY blog challenge. Our chosen item this month is a peg board, so I used mine to make a spice rack for my friend.
I started with a picture frame I already had. I forgot to take a before photo of that, but it was the type shown below, with 3 windows for pictures. I used this because it was already framed and had hooks on the back for easy hanging.
At Home Depot, they cut my peg board to size so it would fit in my existing frame. I removed the glass and cardboard from the frame and replaced it with the peg board. I started with attaching measuring spoons with peg board hooks.
I picked up spice jars with black lids, and chalk board labels for the tops. After they were filled and labeled, I attached two spice jar holders to the rack and just popped them in.
Because peg board only comes in large sheets, I have some leftover. I'm thinking of using the leftover to add to this. I may use it to attach some hanging herb planters next.
Stop by and see what everyone else made out of their peg boards!

TheHoneycombHome

• Superiorretail1

Where did you find the spice jar holders, what about the cost? Thank you

• Tammy Vaughn

I found plastic spice jars that are from .68 to 1.03 per jar. wwww.uline.com

• Lionnessone

What did you use to hold the spice jars in place without th falling off the peg board?????? Please answer this question. Thanks, a Canadian.

• ME Lopez

Can you please tell us what did you use to hold the jars in place, and where to find them?

• Mary R. McDowell

Yes, spice jar holders????????

• Mcgypsy9

I just researched this and found them on Amazon. They are called. C-Pioneer 20 Clip Kitchen RV Spice Gripper Strip Jar Rack Storage Holder Wall Cabinet Door

• Janet

shhhhhh.....must be a big secret

• Charlene Rose

I had these 'gripper' things to hold my spice jars and had them attached to the inside of my cabinet door above and next to my range hood for easy access. They didn't last a year. One side or the other of the plastic 'clamp' would break off. The unit was attached to cabinet door inside with a stickie strip. After they'd all broken I had a time scraping that glue strip from the inside of door. Good idea I guess, but I'd never buy them again. I cook a lot, maybe heat from cooking damaged but don't you want them close to where you'd be using them?

• Charlene Rose

• Joan

I have these grippers too and had the same problem with them falling off. I also have them on the inside of a cabinet door. I used Command Strip holders on each end of the white plastic holder (the ones that hold heavier weight). The holders have not fallen off for about three months. The holders are great and I sure hope they work.
    • Brenda Lyle

I used these spice jar holders also. I had them on the inside of my pantry door. They do not stay glued. It has a sticky back that you pull off the paper and attach it where you want it. I used W-D 40 sprayed on and old towel and wiped all the left behind glue residue.
  • Gina Gutierrez

How did you hang the spices? You said you popped them in how? great idea!

• Sdo23888792

Where did you get the racks from.
  • J P

How did you attach the spice racks to the peg board? And where did you get the spice racks from?

• Kathleen Church

I have a huge frame that I got for a picture. But I changed my mind , so I'll try your idea on spice rack!!!

• Sharon

This looks like a great idea for a craft room as well. I'm thinking those clips might work for craft paint as well.