Asked on Apr 16, 2015

Cracked driveways

ShiraCarol TomlinKathie taylor
+5

Got any ideas for cracked driveways?
  • Ruth  Nederlk
    Ruth Nederlk

Can't help Just wanted to say I have the same problem . Need easy way to fix!

• Upstater
    Upstater

Can you post a photo or a larger more detailed description of the problem?

• Cheryl acampora
    Cheryl acampora

it's a 2 car drive way with big cracks due to hot summers and cold winters. so many creative people on this site, i can't be the only one with this problem. just hate to spend 4500.00 for a new driveway!

• Mary
    Mary

Have same problem, only thing to do is have it resurfaced (blacktop) which Is costly. Husband has patched the cracks previous years then resealed it

• Kathie taylor
    Kathie taylor

Your hardware store has a tube of stuff FOR driveway cracks. The lady next door used it, then painted her driveway, ( I recommend concrete stain though) it looks nice. There are also companies that do this, the guy across the street had THAT done!

• Carol Tomlin
    Carol Tomlin

Thanks Kathy! Can't really afford to redo my driveway but would like to make it look better so I can sell my home & move to Florida ! :) Is there some thing for black top ?

• Carol Tomlin
    Carol Tomlin

Also anyone have any ideas about perking up a cement front steps with rust spots with an added cement step down. The railings are rusty, too. Some of the cement has worn away. Is there a way to cover it with a nice stone or brick for not too much money ?