Container Gardening With French Country Flair

Today I am sharing some of my favorite container gardening inspiration from my “Fresh Air” Pinterest board along with tips on how to get the look with a little French Country flair… without breaking the bank.
I love container gardening for so many reasons. Containers are a great “entry level” gardening alternative for those that are leery of working with a full landscape, learning about their soil will tolerate, and all the other considerations of planting in the yard. Containers are also easy to update seasonally or as plants die off, and a super easy way to add plants to even the smallest of spaces. Groupings are great focal points and conversation pieces, and the container itself is a great way to add color even if you’re only planting greenery. Another benefit to containers is that they are easy to move as the weather changes, you move homes, or if you’d like to bring a little of the outdoors inside.
Zinc & Galvanized Metal
One of my favorite container styles for a French Country look is rustic metal. Zinc pots, galvanized pails, and watering cans are all great for planting and their lovely muted gray tones fit perfectly in a French Country palette. They are also lightweight and affordable – especially when you buy they in their original supply source – the hardware store – or pick them up in thrift or garage sales.
Containers with French Labeling
There’s something almost romantic about French labeling design. The curvy flourishes and borders, and iconic typography immediately draw your eye, so why not add a beautiful plant to the look? Keep your eye out for vintage pots, tins and crates with great labels or stamps, or pick up replicas at your local craft and décor store. Shops like Michaels and Hobby Lobby have a great selection of French inspired containers right now. Or to save even more money, consider using a plain pot you already have and add a transfer to it. Here’s some inspiration for you:
To see the rest of my feature, including tips on using wooden containers, classic footed urns and how to get that haphazard "organized chaos" look the French make look so effortless, continue reading this post on my blog: http://alongtheleftbank.com/container-gardening-with-french-country-flair/

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
BygoneVintage