Katelyn Fagan
Katelyn Fagan
  • Kyle, TX

How to Remove Pee Stains (and Smell!) From a Mattress

$1

If you have a young child or a pet in the house, chances are you at some point will have to deal with pee stains on a mattress even if you use a mattress protector. Accidents happen. So be grateful that I have the magic formula for removing those pee stains!
how to remove pee stains and smell from a mattress, cleaning tips, how to, reupholster
To remove pee stains from your mattress you will need hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, dish soap, lavender essential oil (if you like) and a funnel and a spray bottle.
You'll mix the hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, liquid hand dish washing soap, and lavender essential oil all together in the spray bottle. Spin it all together in the bottle a little bit but don't shake it.

Take that spray bottle and spray it all over those pee stained mattresses!
I had two mattresses that were stained (twins) and here are the before.
The other mattress before stain removal.
And after!!
After!! There was still a very slight yellow coloring, but so much better and the smell was gone!
To finish up, let the mattress dry (about one hour) and then vacuum them to get up the gritty baking soda off.

*If you want a FREE Printable version of this cleaning tutorial head over to the blog post! (link at the bottom of this post)*

If you love these type of practical cleaning tips for everyday things, be sure to check out Speed Clean the Deep Clean: A Collection of Time-Saving Cleaning Tutorials and Tips for Busy Moms! It has 50+ cleaning tutorials and tips to help you get every area of your home looking great, including this one!
Katelyn Fagan

• W James Anderson

What is the exact portion mixture for the three ingredients, baking soda, dish soap and hydrogen peroxide? (For pee stain remover).

• Linda T

Could I use this on a down comforter?

• Hughes Dylan

How can I remove a fresh urine stain from a mattress and feather top?

• María Andrea

I'm sorry for muy poor English. But i'll try. You can clean that stains with cleaner for car seats or carpets, i use to do that, and it works .Good luck !!

• Karen

This is like magic! I used this when I got baby hand me downs. Stains on the bib area mostly. The stains came right out. The clothes were like brand new again! Not only for. pee stains. Try it out. I used an old toothbrush to wok it in the fabric. Let it dry. Brush it off by rubbing material together.. Oh I would let it sit overnight. After all that I put in with my regular wash. Zero stain!! Some of these stain were there for a couple years. Thanks for reminding me. I'm 60 .now an will use this on my mattress from my grandchildens pee stains!😊😊💜💜

• Carol

Just buy wipeable mattress protector.