Painted Shells for Table Display and the Gift Sign I Made

57K Views
A customer ordered 22 packages of my decor seashells to decorate the tables for her upcoming 60th birthday. This was a big order and I wanted to give her a special gift.
She chose teal, orange, fushia pink and lime green as her colors along with seashells in their natural condition.
Difficulty: Easy
  • painted shells for table display and the gift sign i made, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling
painted shells - some with a touch of glitter to make them even more festive for the 60th birthday party
painting and decorating these seashells in her choice of colors was a time consuming yet fun project! I painted them by hand but they could have been spray painted too.
I also included seashells and starfish in their natural state
here is the display of shells and starfish with glass cabachons and stones - they will be added to the tables for her birthday celebration
So as her gift I cut out the number 60 in plywood on my band saw...next I painted the sign, then I glued denim fabric on the back and attached the white cord hanger and surrounded it all the way around with white and teal cording. Finally I added the same color seashells to match the table display shells. Positioning the shells on the wood was a bit time consuming, it's like putting together a jig saw puzzle and such fun to see it coming together, I used super glue to attached the seashells with my glue gun. She will be able to hang the sign up or prop it on her table and she will have a lasting keepsake of the celebration. I hope she loves it!
I sure would love to know what you think? My customer loves seashells....so do you think she will like this surprise birthday gift made just for her? I would love your feedbback.
Thank you for any and all comments!!! : ^ )
ps...a sign like this would be awesome for a kid's under the sea mermaid party too. Just cut out the appropriate number - Idea:.You could even use thick poster board and cut it with a razor cutter instead of using a band saw and plywood.

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question