Pink Floral Dresser

60K Views
Check out this awesome transformation!!
  • pink floral dresser, decoupage, painted furniture
When My client approached me about refinishing this dresser for her daughter, I was excited and slightly intimidated. She came to me without a top and while I'd built suff for myself, I'd never attempted to build something for a client. My sweet client wasn't sure if she was going to hav a piece of marble or granite sized or if a new wood top was he better route.
I was given the great honor of having creative control with this dresser. I love when that happens! We spoke about inspirations and two of my faves, Lilly Pulitzer and Vera Bradley were amongst the looks she was after.
I went with @Sherwin Williams Prominent Pink. It's such a pretty pink. Not overly bubble gummy and not too pretty, pretty princess. Just sweet and sophisticated.
...and what would pink be without a little kiss of gold mettalic paint!? @modern Masters has always been my go to, but I also really like Fusion Mineral Paint's mettalics too. I used it on the drawers and after running out, I reached for my trusty Modern Masters to finish the job. This is the coverage after two coats.. Not too bad eh?
I completely rebuilt the top. Details on that on can be found on my blog. (While you're there, check out the craft cabinet I refinished using very similar paper!) In the meantime though, here's the finished piece! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Ask away if you have any questions and as always, feel free to PIN and share! xo

Suggested materials for this project:

Simple Southern Charm

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!