Simple Southern Charm
Simple Southern Charm
  • Holly Springs, NC

Pink Floral Dresser

Check out this awesome transformation!!
pink floral dresser, decoupage, painted furniture
When My client approached me about refinishing this dresser for her daughter, I was excited and slightly intimidated. She came to me without a top and while I'd built suff for myself, I'd never attempted to build something for a client. My sweet client wasn't sure if she was going to hav a piece of marble or granite sized or if a new wood top was he better route.
I was given the great honor of having creative control with this dresser. I love when that happens! We spoke about inspirations and two of my faves, Lilly Pulitzer and Vera Bradley were amongst the looks she was after.
I went with @Sherwin Williams Prominent Pink. It's such a pretty pink. Not overly bubble gummy and not too pretty, pretty princess. Just sweet and sophisticated.
...and what would pink be without a little kiss of gold mettalic paint!? @modern Masters has always been my go to, but I also really like Fusion Mineral Paint's mettalics too. I used it on the drawers and after running out, I reached for my trusty Modern Masters to finish the job. This is the coverage after two coats.. Not too bad eh?
I completely rebuilt the top. Details on that on can be found on my blog. (While you're there, check out the craft cabinet I refinished using very similar paper!) In the meantime though, here's the finished piece! I'd love to hear your thoughts. Ask away if you have any questions and as always, feel free to PIN and share! xo
Simple Southern Charm

• Nichole

Hello, beautiful job! I'm curious as to why you won't share how you got the wrapping paper to stick? And if you did I apologiz, I would love to know what you used and how you did it. Thanks from California!

• Robin Davis Brudi

Hometalker-

I love painted furniture and decoupage. I've been at it for years, but I am new to decoupage. My question is- how are you managing to get your decoupage to lay as flat as it seems to be in the picture? I use undiluted mod podge. Thanks!

• Philomena sanders

why do you not answer the questions?

• Robin

4/19/2015 on her “blog” she mentions where to go for “DETAILS “

SSCHARM says

04/19/2015 AT 8:51 AM

Hi there! It’s actually wrapping paper. You can really use anything though. Wallpaper, fabric, scrap book paper would all be awesome. I prefer papers that are a little heavier weight.

• Kris

I just wanted to let you know I thought this piece was absolutely beautiful. I'm just starting it with this hobby and hope to make something this beautiful one day. I've done 2 chests where I used mod podge with posters. Made me cuss a lot (in my mind of course). I thought I would try tissue paper next but hadn't thought of wrapping paper. But if you didn't decoupage did you use something like 1gel or spray adhesive? I'd love some advice!

• Linda T Strickland

I love it, however if the paper is not decoupage won't you share how it is put on