DIY Chandelier From a Hanging Plant Basket

Make a chandelier using a hanging plant basket and some beaded strings! This easy and mess-free DIY is perfect for hiding ugly light fixtures without rewiring. Visit http://www.hammerandheelsblog.com/diy-chandelier/ for the full tutorial and more photos.
Materials:
- 12-inch-diameter hanging wire plant basket (adjust the basket size if your fixture is smaller or larger)
- silver spray paint
- four 6-foot strings of decorative crystal garland for a total of 24 feet (I found mine at Michaels)
- three metal hanging hooks or whatever you prefer to attach the plant basket to your old light fixture
First, spray paint the plant basket silver and let dry. Then begin weaving the beaded garlands through the plant basket until it's covered and that's it!
I found these hooks that attached perfect to the old fixture.
Visit http://www.hammerandheelsblog.com/diy-chandelier/ for more details and photos!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Amanda Risius

• Linda Mcdonald
    Linda Mcdonald

what is the paint for,also is there a video for project

• Cdemby Tony
    Cdemby Tony

I have been trying to get an idea for my three hallway receding SQUARE light fixtures. I know what I want but I can't find anything SQUARE t do it with. Any ideas? I love your results--especially the beads. (One thing: I want the bottom to be open as well so I can reach in there to change the lightbulb)

• April Barrese
    April Barrese

How does it look when lighted? You didn't post a photo of the look with light on. Thank you.

• Charlene Johnson-Boyd
    Charlene Johnson-Boyd

I have everything to start this except the lights. Wasn’t able to find them at my Michaels. Checking the website tonight.

• Suzie 50
    Suzie 50

Great idea for prettying up the ugly lights in the house we're renting! Thank you!