Nikki Wills
Nikki Wills
  • Gilbert, AZ

Mother's Day Garden Party

Mother's day is best when it's something the kids can do FOR the mom. In that spirit, I created this Mother's Day garden picnic for Yum! Food and Fun for Kids magazine, and to ensure that the kids could do everything themselves, they *did*! (Why didn't I think of this style of party planning sooner?)
mother s day garden party
A $10 craigslist potting bench was absolutely perfect for displaying our delicious brunch goodies. All of the flowers were bought at the local nursery, and we planted them in the garden after we ate. Decoration and activity and gift, all in one!
mother s day garden party
My 3 year old LOVED cutting out the cucumber flowers.
mother s day garden party
Both kids adored making Oreo cookie "dirt" and putting together these super easy garden cupcakes.
mother s day garden party
No particular skill necessary, but how cute are these little pots for displaying veggies?
mother s day garden party
Even the beverages were things that the girls "cooked." Sun tea iced tea!
mother s day garden party
Caprese salad! Beautiful, yummy, but no cooking required!
mother s day garden party
And perhaps my favorite thing of all, a great big balloon with a floral garland. So simple and sweet.
Nikki Wills