Boy's Fun Bedroom !!

807 Views
I recently made over my 3 year old son's room as part of a One Room Challenge that required me completing it in 6 weeks. He loves it so much, and that makes me happy.
The bed was originally a convertible crib which served as a very good investment. I added orange trim to the wall lamps' shades.
  • peyton s room makeover, bedroom ideas, lighting, painting, repurposing upcycling
These fan blades were painted to match the color of the walls. It is such a 'cool' item to look at (pun intended), :-) and by far, one of my favorite elements in the room. Its features include a 6 speed full function remote control, and a revolutionary quiet DC motor. It also has 2, 4 and 8 hour
sleep timer and 1 minute walk away light delay....'so super cool'.
Here it is, after paint, looking even more fabulous than before :-).
The roman shade was originally plain white and I added trim to jazz it up a bit.The trim on the roman shades, is just a wider version of that used on the lamps.
I made the 'BOOKS' wall sign by spray-painting the matt navy blue, and adding small wooden letters painted red. My little one loves to be read to, so I know he will like having all these books on his wall.
This is his little art station. He enjoys coloring and writing with chalk. I painted the Ikea Latt table top with chalk paint, so he could have some fun while writing.
My son picked out this fun, modern-looking giraffe at Hobby Lobby.
And because 'all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy' :-), I added a wall decal in the far corner towards the back of the room.

Suggested materials for this project:

Delia

Ask a Question