Recycle Veggie Can Into A Watering Can FlowerPot

I don't know about you but I've started hording a lot of things I usually throw in the trash or recycle bin. I'm so afraid I can make something out of them. Like a tin can that held greenbeans. Somehow it reminded me of a watering can, so guess what, that's what I made. It's not a real watering can - but a flowerpot for decorative purposes only. With Mother's Day almost here, moms are sure to love getting something like this. Just add a faux spout made of cardboard and decorative metal strip for a handle , paint & decoupage using napkins into a lovely flower container. For a complete tutorial visit: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2015/04/recycle-veggie-can-into-watering-can.html
Start with this: a veggie can.
Clean and remove label. Using a small, sturdy cardboard tube from foil or cling wrap, saw diagonally across.
Hot glue the slanted tube onto the can and paint.

Next, take a piece of galvanized strip, measuring the length into a question mark shape. Cut and fold rough ends over.
Apply E6000 to one edge at a time, hold in place using clips and masking tape until completely dry.
Paint entire can with craft chalk paint.
Tear our desired pattern from napkins, removing white backings.
Lay pattern on can and dampen brush with water to smooth the napkin out.
Apply Mod Podge to entire can to seal the napkins.
What a simple, environmentally-friendly watering can flowerpot that's sure to put a smile on anyone's face.

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Joanie
    Joanie

You got a good dose of talent......thanks for sharin' it.......THIS CAN is the prettiest I've ever seen!!!

• Alexis
    Alexis

Hi,

My goodness. I am not at all creative (more a DIY sort), but

I loved this and intend to give it a try... might even try to put a metal spout so that it could be used as a can for indoor plants Alexis