Tree Branch Coat Rack or Apron Rack

My stenciled tree branch apron rack is the first thing I see each morning, cup of coffee in hand, as I walk into my office. It doesn’t just look good, it’s practical too. I recently realized I’d ruined more than a fair share of good clothes while painting. I figured if I had something pretty and fun to wear, I’d be much more inclined to use it and save my clothes. Please see my blog post for more information.
Start with a stained or painted piece of wood 10" x 24". This one I used the Birdie Border Stencil from Royal Design Studio in the both the large and small size for this project. Below is my supply list for this project.
large Birdie Border stencil by Royal Design Studio
stained wood board cut to 10″ x 24″
white paint
Royal Design Studio stencil brush
painters tape
3 coat hooks or branch pieces
drill with a flat spade drill bit to make holes for the branches (only needed for the branch hook option)
wood glue
picture hanging hardware
Play with the layout to make sure the beginning and ending places on the stencil work for your design. Using painters tape to hold the stencil in place stencil your boarder stencil across the front. Stencil with a very dry brush. Tamp off any excess pain onto a paper towel if needed.
I cut branches from a tree in our back yard about the size of the holes my spade bit made. I prefit the branches in the hols and trimmed them down to a few inches before installing them.
Install your picture hanging hardware onto the board before installing the wood branches. Use wood glue and a hammer or mallet to gently tap the branches into the holes.
I made matching aprons with the small Birdie Border Stencil to hang in my studio so I'd see my pretty aprons and use them!
They not only keep my clothes paint free now, they look great in my studio!

Wendi @ H2OBungalow