Painted Vinyl Basement Floor

We painted our vinyl basement floor...and let me tell you, this makeover is worth having a party over! There was nothing more grungy that this vinyl floor in by basement. The warranty has long been over and not matter how hard you tried to clean it, it was just ugh!!
Painted vinyl basement floor success!
When I say it was bad, I really mean it was B.A.D! Not only was it bad, but there were two layers of vinyl flooring. The previous owner didn't complete the flooring.
Then there was the fact that some of the older vinyl tiles were missing. We had our hands full, but we weighed the cost, and this was the cheapest route.
We also had encouragement from Gail at My Repurposed Life and the success she had were her painted floor, which you can see here: http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2010/11/how-i-painted-my-vinyl-floor.html
Thank you so much, Gail XOXO
The first step we had to take was replacing a few of the missing tiles with replacement tiles that were about the same thickness (that was important).
We also repaired the drain, while were were at it (shown in picture)
Once that was all done. We cleaned the floor several time, and then painted the floor with a tinted primer that was similar to the wall color.
I made sure to fill all those nooks and crannies in where the floor meets the wall.
We used Glidden Porch and Floor (color: Copper Penny) paint with a No-Skid Floor Finish Additive. The additive made the paint kind of like chalk paint for a floor (kind of). Basically it keeps the floor from being slippery ;)
Once all the primer was dry, I edged the floor with the Glidden Porch and Floor Paint.
And then rolled it on. I painted 2-3 layers of paint on the entire floor.
This is the same area after the painted was completed...looking much nicer, I must admit.
You can see more details or more on the basement makeover in the post link below.
Thank you ~ Amy

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Believer123
    Believer123

A job well done. Looks absolutely beautiful !!
  • Dotty
    Dotty

What a great project. I have vinyl flooring in a third floor sewing room (70's pattern-hideous orange, brown, cream colors). Have been looking for a solution other than removing flooring and under layment and painting the original floor boards. Think this will be exactly what I am looking for. Thank You So Much!