Painted Vinyl Basement Floor

We painted our vinyl basement floor...and let me tell you, this makeover is worth having a party over! There was nothing more grungy that this vinyl floor in by basement. The warranty has long been over and not matter how hard you tried to clean it, it was just ugh!!
Painted vinyl basement floor success!
When I say it was bad, I really mean it was B.A.D! Not only was it bad, but there were two layers of vinyl flooring. The previous owner didn't complete the flooring.
Then there was the fact that some of the older vinyl tiles were missing. We had our hands full, but we weighed the cost, and this was the cheapest route.
We also had encouragement from Gail at My Repurposed Life and the success she had were her painted floor, which you can see here: http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2010/11/how-i-painted-my-vinyl-floor.html
Thank you so much, Gail XOXO
The first step we had to take was replacing a few of the missing tiles with replacement tiles that were about the same thickness (that was important).
We also repaired the drain, while were were at it (shown in picture)
Once that was all done. We cleaned the floor several time, and then painted the floor with a tinted primer that was similar to the wall color.
I made sure to fill all those nooks and crannies in where the floor meets the wall.
We used Glidden Porch and Floor (color: Copper Penny) paint with a No-Skid Floor Finish Additive. The additive made the paint kind of like chalk paint for a floor (kind of). Basically it keeps the floor from being slippery ;)
Once all the primer was dry, I edged the floor with the Glidden Porch and Floor Paint.
And then rolled it on. I painted 2-3 layers of paint on the entire floor.
This is the same area after the painted was completed...looking much nicer, I must admit.
You can see more details or more on the basement makeover in the post link below.
Thank you ~ Amy

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Believer123

A job well done. Looks absolutely beautiful !!
  • Dotty

What a great project. I have vinyl flooring in a third floor sewing room (70's pattern-hideous orange, brown, cream colors). Have been looking for a solution other than removing flooring and under layment and painting the original floor boards. Think this will be exactly what I am looking for. Thank You So Much!