Stenciling Drop Cloth Curtain Panels Using the Moroccan Dream Stencil

If you have bare windows, Cutting Edge Stencils has a quick, easy, and affordable solution to get you covered. Today we're going to share how one DIY blogger used drop cloth panels to create the perfect drapery for her screened-in deck. Come take a look...
We'd like you to meet Tanya, the creative DIYer behind All Things Beautiful. Tanya was super happy when her screened-in deck was completed. She felt compelled to add some personality to the space using color and pattern. Shs.he chose to stencil her own curtains using drop clot
She bought simple drop cloths for $5 each and our Moroccan Dream Allover Stencil. First she ironed the drop cloths to remove any wrinkles. Then she found a flat surface for her stenciling project. Tanya used blue painter's tape to hold the stencil in place and a dense foam roller to paint the pattern.
She painted the pretty Moroccan pattern using Folk Art's Calypso Blue. As she finished painting the stencil, she would gently lift the stencil and reposition so she could complete the pattern across the drop cloth.
After the stenciled curtains were dry, Tanya ironed them one more time to set the paint. Then she hung them in the screened-in patio. Tanya added the final decorating touches which included colorful accent pillows. Here is the finished room.
Here is a close up of the pretty Moroccan pattern.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

To see more: http://blog.cuttingedgestencils.com/?p=18622

• Barb Reimer

Are they washable after ironing ?

• Teresa Tyler

Where did u get that size curtain rod.? I have a wide window in my living room 120 wide and can’t hang curtains because I cannot find a rod long enough. I love the curtains by the way..!!

• Joyce

I would use pvc pipe and paint it if white doesn't look right for your decor. You can get it in very long lengths at Lowes or Home Depot and so much cheaper than buying a long rod.

• Sue

Doesn’t the blue paint transfer to iron?

• Cutting Edge Stencils

Nope! Just put a piece of fabric over the dry paint and put the iron on that. That will heat set it and allow it the fabric to be washed without complications.

• Carolina

Great idea. Looks fantastic. I am so copying this.

• Darrietta Redding

I love your work, it's beautiful. I 've been looking for a piece of furniture like that for an entertainment center.