Stenciling Drop Cloth Curtain Panels Using the Moroccan Dream Stencil

If you have bare windows, Cutting Edge Stencils has a quick, easy, and affordable solution to get you covered. Today we're going to share how one DIY blogger used drop cloth panels to create the perfect drapery for her screened-in deck. Come take a look...
stenciling drop cloth curtain panels using the moroccan dream stencil, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, wall decor, window treatments, windows
We'd like you to meet Tanya, the creative DIYer behind All Things Beautiful. Tanya was super happy when her screened-in deck was completed. She felt compelled to add some personality to the space using color and pattern. Shs.he chose to stencil her own curtains using drop clot
She bought simple drop cloths for $5 each and our Moroccan Dream Allover Stencil. First she ironed the drop cloths to remove any wrinkles. Then she found a flat surface for her stenciling project. Tanya used blue painter's tape to hold the stencil in place and a dense foam roller to paint the pattern.
She painted the pretty Moroccan pattern using Folk Art's Calypso Blue. As she finished painting the stencil, she would gently lift the stencil and reposition so she could complete the pattern across the drop cloth.
After the stenciled curtains were dry, Tanya ironed them one more time to set the paint. Then she hung them in the screened-in patio. Tanya added the final decorating touches which included colorful accent pillows. Here is the finished room.
Here is a close up of the pretty Moroccan pattern.

To see more: http://blog.cuttingedgestencils.com/?p=18622

• Barb Reimer

Are they washable after ironing ?

• Teresa Tyler

Where did u get that size curtain rod.? I have a wide window in my living room 120 wide and can’t hang curtains because I cannot find a rod long enough. I love the curtains by the way..!!

• Joyce
      26 minutes ago

I would use pvc pipe and paint it if white doesn't look right for your decor. You can get it in very long lengths at Lowes or Home Depot and so much cheaper than buying a long rod.

• Sue

Doesn’t the blue paint transfer to iron?

• Carolina

Great idea. Looks fantastic. I am so copying this.

• Darrietta Redding

I love your work, it's beautiful. I 've been looking for a piece of furniture like that for an entertainment center.