Virginia B
Virginia B
  • Fayetteville, GA

The Posh Pet Bed

Every little dog or cat needs a luxurious spot to call their own. Turning tables into pet beds isn't a new idea, but this version goes a step further by adding curtains and a chandelier!
the posh pet bed, chalk paint, painted furniture, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
I purchased this table at a moving sale. It was definitely showing it's age in both style, and wear and tear.
I removed the doors, and then patched where the doors were screwed on. I painted the table, inside and out with Dixie Belle Chalk Paint in the color, Dried Sage.
I screwed a metal plate into the top of the table so I could add a chandelier made for lockers. Since it is magnetic, it can be easily removed or re-positioned. The cushion is made using a regular bed pillow and fabric I had leftover from another project.
I could have stopped there, but I felt it still needed a little something...curtains!
Best of all, this project serves double duty as a table and as a great sanctuary for any little pet.
Virginia B

• Carol darden

OMG! How adorable. My little one loves to hide inside and under things. She would love this. Now to find this type of table....I'm on a mission.
  • Sas25028369

I LOVE this idea! My dog hides under things and even sleeps under my bed because he came from an abusive home. I see these tables at the Goodwill across the street from me all the time. Definitely will have to try this!