Paint Storage From Upcycled Cassette Tape Holder

Do you have an old cassette tape holder or have seen one at a thrift store? Don't overlook them, but upcycle them as a storage solution for your craft paints.
I was shopping at the thrift store and came across one of these old cassette tape holders. I have seen plenty of these before, but have walked right passed them.
The size of the drawer holder was perfect for paints and even better, they can securely stack up using the clips already attached. Hello multi-level storage! Spray two coats of white spray paint onto your cassette holder.
Multi-colored stripes are growing in popularity and its one of the best ways to use all the paint colors you like. I made stripes in various colors and varying sizes. You don't have to have perfect spacing between the stripes, but you need to have the stripes pretty straight. Use a ruler or a level to check the direction of your lines as you apply your painting tape.
Give your new paint storage two coats of your favorite colors and embellish the front drawers with some gold paint. You can kick up the embellishment a notch by adding gems, knobs, or labels to the front of each drawer.

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Monica Ragan Green

I have several of these... my granddaughters and I love crafting. They are always looking for ways to store their makeup, nail polish, etc. We will be breaking out the paint that they used on their file cabinets they use for storage as well. Thanks for the wonderful idea. I also have several of the cases that you carried with you in your car. I could make those to look like mini suitcases. Wow the creative juices are flowing now.
  • Patricia L. Mahoney-Kuhn

Would be great for all my bottles of colored sugar and other toppings for cookies!