DIY Designer Plates

For just a few dollars and a half hour of your time, you can match your plates to your linens, drapes, or just get creative!
diy designer plates, crafts, decoupage, dining room ideas, how to
Ever see a really beautiful piece of fabric and pass it up because you think "What could I do with just a yard of fabric?" well, how about eight new designer diner plates and salad plates? want to match your Ralph Lauren tablecloth? how about plates with matching napkins? Easy-Peasy!
a bottle of Modge Podge, a sponge brush and fabric! The idea's are endless, and your plate collection will grow without hurting your wallet.
I started by laying a thick coat of Modge Podge to the backside of the plate, it dries fast
so have the fabric ready…then lay the fabric – Right side down to the back of the plate and smooth in place – I used my small spatula to get any wrinkles out. Then coat the fabric with another layer of Modge Podge and place on a jar or a bowl……
I let mine dry over night just so they would be totally dry….then I just cut off the edge of extra fabric and…Ta-Da!!!
I used, as suggested, a coating of Kyrlon “MAKE IT LAST” spray clear sealer….I washed them with no problem!
Lois@Pineridge Hills

• Badkitty450

I think they mean dont eat off the plastic ones the glass ones should be fine

• Callie Griffiths

May I just say...you are very patient and Gracious when answering some of these question 🤔....great idea and project, thanks for sharing!