Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

DIY Ant Deterrent Spray

The ants are invading, the ants are invading! Well, they aren't now, but they did try. Every single spring, out of nowhere, they show up in a thin little line from the back door into our kitchen. I don't like using chemicals in our home, so I started making my own Ant Deterrent Spray that works like a charm and smells good too! No nasty chemicals or ants!
diy ant deterrent spray, how to, pest control
Ant Deterrent Spray
You will need some distilled water, witch hazel and Peppermint Essential Oil.
Add some witch hazel to your spray bottle of water.
Next, add some Peppermint Oil.
Spray around your home wherever ants are coming in. They won't come near it...for some reason, most insects (and spiders) detest the smell of peppermint. The witch hazel will kill them if they do try to pass through, making this mixture perfect for keeping the critters at bay! For exact measurements and tons more chemical free tips and tricks for you home, visit the link below and check out my blog, Mom 4 Real!
Mom4Real

• Debbie

glad you posted this recipe I have been putting pieces of mint down it works. I will try this. Thanks

• B. Enne

@Debbie I put dried bay leaves in cupboards and drawers. They don't seem to like those either. I change them every year.

• Debbie

Sound great. I did not know you could leave them that long.

• B. Enne

@Debbie :) I'm not sure if you are responding to me or not, but yes you can leave bay leaves that long...I just take them out when I need to wipe things down. Sometimes I ''reactivate'' them a bit by cracking them...if they no longer smell at all, then I change them sooner.