Asked on Apr 28, 2015

Where can I find old farmhouse items for my kitchen when I renovate?

CindyDebra SmithPizzchzz
+13

I have been searching online for inexpensive old farmhouse items for my kitchen. such as a stainless steel farmhouse sink, pie safes for cabinets, old wood for cabinet fronts. Where do I look?
  • Mssmatch
    Mssmatch

I find all mine at estate and farm auctions

• Nancy Gramm
    Nancy Gramm

Omigosh, look anywhere and everywhere. Check junk stores, thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, even antique stores. And of course Habitat for Humanity Restore. I'd go online as a last resort, but failing everything else try https://www.shopgoodwill.com Etsy and eBay, as well. (eBay once would have been my first choice but I've found that bargains aren't as prevalent there as they once were. JMHO.) Good luck hunting.

• Pamela Pianfetti
    Pamela Pianfetti

Are you able to take a road trip and go up into Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois? I've found that almost every small town has some kind of antique store and they're reasonably priced. Maybe you could make a vacation out of it and visit historic sites along the way. Happy hunting!

• Sally
    Sally

Our small communities have Town Wide Yard Sales. Put on your comfy shoes and drive back on those long driveways. Wonderful finds. Many of the families can direct you to other good sales. Even if you don't live out here, look up the dates.

• Judy Booth
    Judy Booth

church fundraisers, yard sales, junk yards .

• Brenda Webster
    Brenda Webster

I have a lot of old farmhouse kitchen items I bought on eBay. Salvation Army and Goodwill are also good places to look. You can also place a "wanted" ad or look in the "for sale" items in newspapers.

• Sandi Lowe
    Sandi Lowe

Go to flea markets in your area. Especially ones that are away from big cities. Also auctions near small towns. Thrift stores are great also.

• Els7104550
    Els7104550

Good idea. thanks!

• BabyBoomerSC
    BabyBoomerSC

Estate sales, Craigslist, Ebay are all great places to start looking. Do a google search on Pie Safe and you'll see a ton of things come up. Antique stores are another great resources.

• Hotheadzmarine.williamson
    Hotheadzmarine.williamson

Best place to look at antique fairs and shows if you go in and Google antique fairs and shows in your area it'll tell you when they're going to be they should be coming up spring is around the corner those are the best places to go we go to one here in Texas at Roundtop in the spring and in the fall and find tons of really great items.
  • Mary
    Mary

Magnolia farms .com Everybody has seen chip and Joanna. And for the sink I would try faucets direct. Then antique shops every where also for hardware try putting in antique pulls in your search bar there are several web sites. Restorations.com (vandykes) is great.

• Pizzchzz
    Pizzchzz

For the kitchen sink, you can see this great review; it will help you with everything required to get the best deal https://pizzchzz.com/sinks/

• Cindy
    Cindy

Have you tried shopvoodwill.com? They have online auction website with Goodwills all across America. They have categories that include Antiques,tools, collectables and more. I have shopped many times. It's worth checking into. They also will have items that have 1 cent shipping. Good luck CinT

• Chris
      Chris

It's always more helpful if you spell the website CORRECTLY - try shopgoodwill.com, not voodwill
  • Debra Smith
    Debra Smith

Thank you

• Cindy
    Cindy

Yes it does Your Welcome!