DIY Patio Table

Hi y'all! I had previously mentioned that we had a 4 person patio table on the side patio and needed something a bit bigger. Well, I shopped around and the prices were discouraging. I was not interested in spending $600 to $1000 (at least) for a table and 6 chairs, so we decided to go ahead and build one.
diy patio table, diy, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture, woodworking projects
So, I found some instructions on Pinterest and on a sunny Saturday afternoon my husband and I bought the wood & supplies, sanded down all the wood (by hand!) and put the table together in a few hours for about $100.
I picked out a beautiful dark Varathane stain called Kona and gave it one easy coat that dries in one hour.
Easy peasy, y'all! A beautiful patio table for a fraction of the cost!
Stop by the blog for more details if you'd like to DIY a Patio Table yourself. Please stop by the blog via the link below for the building instructional link. :)

Karen's Up on The Hill

• Shay

great! what type of tool did you use to cut the wood?

• Tonette

I love this and want to build a table as opposed to buying the over-priced, not-so-sturdy ones. Did you use treated lumber for exterior use? I'm afraid the weather would destroy untreated lumber.

• Beardedknight

If it is going to be outside, then I would recommend that at least the legs are retreated.

The rest of the wood you can water seal yourself, think Thompson's deck treatment, think that's the name.

But check the labels some will not take stain so you have to stain first others you have to deal first. So make sure you read the labels!!

If nothing else go to a big name paint store, ask your questions, hell take notes. Then go to the big box store to get it cheaper. But remember that paint store next time your going to paint. Get give a give a little.

Hope this helps.

• KM

I couldn't find the plans for he table on your blog. Do you still have them?