$200 Bathroom Update

$200
4 Weeks

You guys, I love it so much. It literally took twice as long as expected–a month instead of two weeks–but that’s a DIY tale as old as time. I should probably just stop trying to give myself a deadline for all future projects because I have a knack for blowing them out of the water. I didn’t mind the extra time in this case, though, because now the basement bathroom is cool like its sister upstairs.
200 bathroom update, bathroom ideas
Take a moment to absorb the whole room. Try not to look directly at the light fixture that I STILL can’t photograph correctly (ugh) because your retinas might melt, but get friendly with the rest of it.
200 bathroom update, bathroom ideas
Aaaaaaaand before:
200 bathroom update, bathroom ideas
The only real offender in here was the vanity (and matching trim). I liked the existing floor, the layout was fine, and I was digging all of the shiny chrome fixtures. So while I may not have designed a bathroom exactly like this if it were up to me, there wasn’t anything seriously wrong with it. No sense in ripping everything out because one thing was making my eye twitch.
The goal was to make everything coordinate, since the old vanity DID NOT, so I built the new color scheme around the floor. I painted the vanity (Old Navy by Benjamin Moore in the Advance formula), painted the trim (Benjamin Moore Advance in un-tinted white), got a new countertop, replaced the faucet, found a new mirror, changed the vanity hardware, and painted the walls (Grey Beard by Olympic).
200 bathroom update, bathroom ideas
To get all of the DIY details a budget breakdown and source list, click the link below!
Paige @ Little Nostalgia

• CJ

Beautiful job--what I plan to do with my bathroom. I like the more austere, clean look you have rather than lots of germ-catching tchotchkes around that need constant dusting, cleaning etc. It is a bathroom after all! Save the 'decorations' for other rooms in the home! Maybe add a picture on the wall or colorful graphic towels....period.

• Happyfeet

Love it Paige! I would've done the same exact thing with that vanity!! In my personal opinion anything "honey oak" is starting to look pretty outdated so I think it's a great improvement! :)