DeDe @ Designed Decor
DeDe @ Designed Decor
  • Canton, OH

Antique Rocker Given a Second Life!

I found this old antique rocking chair fading away in a old barn. It had some issues with the old varnish so I decided to paint it, yes paint it!
antique rocker given a second life, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, reupholster
I am thinking this may be from the 1800"s? If any one knows the age, please leave me a comment. It had the orginal fabric and straw seat filling.
I had to make new seat supports as the old ones were dried out and crumbling apart.
I painted the rocking chair a Wrought Iron black and use antique and a product to make the finish look aged. Stop over to my blog to see what products I used.
Here is a close up of how the aging looks. This aging dust is a special detail that makes your painted finish look Authentic and Unique. This powder aids in polishing wax topcoats to a subtle sheen and settles into crevices as if collected over the centuries.
She is know ready to rock for many more years to come.
DeDe @ Designed Decor