Front Entry Makeover

When you first walk into our home you were greeted by a closet that sits at an angle. Check out what we did to make it more functional for our family and guests!
When we moved into our current home this closet housed all the boxes we had yet to unpack. We mainly use our garage entrance so it was essentially wasted space. I suggested to Eric that we get rid of the closet idea and build a bench with storage & he was a bit skeptical. So when he agreed to give it a try, I was so excited that it didn't dawn on me to grab the camera and take a before pic! If you close your eyes and imagine two white bi-folds in their place, you`ll get the picture!
I had my father in law custom build us a bench with two drawers for storage underneath. The drawers are on heavy duty slides and hold all my vases and various knick knacks. At 11'' deep thay are super handy and provide great storage.
We made sure to add some hooks at the top so that our guests have a spot to hang their jackets when they come over.
I custom made the bench cushion, which was an easier project than I expected (thank freaking goodness). I used material that is meant to be outdoors, so it wipes clean super easy and does not absorb anything. This is super important when your home has a revolving door for muddy and wet boys & jackets!
Some baskets at the top round it off and add some more space for storage. All in all a wayyyyy better use for the space than before!
Check out the blog for the full rundown!

Chandra | #Blessed