Cottage Fresh Kitchen Remodel

I have a standing philosophy that white is always right. This is especially true when your kitchen is saturated with builder grade orange maple cupboards from the 90's.
My husband and I slowly worked on our kitchen for about a year, as time and money could afford. The slow pace made it feel like we weren't making any progress, but now looking back on the before picture - I can hardly believe what we accomplished!
There are really so many fun details in this space. We tried to combine our love for bright coastal style and French farmhouse style to create this space we adore.
Whenever I mentioned the fact that we were going to rip down good cabinets and put in open shelving, people would cringe. Don't do it, they said.
They just couldn't envision what was in my head. I hated having beautiful dishes stuck inside where no one could see them. Now I get to adore them all day.
I would love to have you swing over to my post and read all the juicy details of how our cottage fresh kitchen came to be. I address our faux concrete countertops, as well as sources and tutorials for this space. Head over now!

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
TIDBITS

• Joanie

I loved those dark shelves!! Your kitchen is white.......do you have any color scheme???

• Joanie

I love what you have accomplished in your kitchen. I am not Trendy. I was born and raised in the country, so................ my designs and decor are country. It is what I like and I'm used to. When I am happy with my projects....I'm HAPPY. Enjoy WHAT you like!!!!!!!

• Johanne Palange

Great workmanship, but all that white is disquieting. When I lived on a farm, no one ever painted anything white. Everything was brightly colored. It's a good thing there's some color in your dishes otherwise it would be like a ghostly laboratory. But, well built.