What works best to keep rabbits away from flowers?

Pat33584501Janice CarrollSuz1343480
+10

I'm looking for ideas (home remedies) on what to spray on flowers to keep rabbits from eating my newly planted summer flowers.
  • Barbara Riccio

Buy "Moth Balls" or "Moth Flakes" and sprinkle them inside and around your plants. Rabbits used to eat all my plants and decorative grasses till a friend told me about this. Now, it's not a problem anymore.

• Aimee Slade

Just get a cat or two. We've never had a problem with rabbits!

• Linda

Go to the local beauty shop and get a small bag of human hair clippings. If you will sprinkle them around your flower bed that should do the trick.

• Pam McDonald

Mint should do the trick. But remember mint plants are invasive, so plant them in a planter or they will be everywhere :) They also work for mice.

• Barbara Steenberg

I like to sprinkle red pepper on and around the plants.

• Rebecca B

I use an animal repellent in my vegetable garden called REPEL ALL by Bonide. We purchased it at Lowe's. It is available at Home Depot and at Farm & Feed stores. I found it at Walmart garden center one time but the store now has other brands of animal repellent products. It stinks at first, but will soon disappear leaving only a scent that animals can detect. I have used it for 5 years and I never have animal come into the garden since then. We live in the country on a lake where many wild animals have access to our yard.

• Cynthia N Larry Schiernbeck

Put one of those plastic owls on a stick & put in garden! It will not only move in the wind, but will keep out pesky animals & birds!

• Suz1343480

Mix cayanne pepper with water, allow to set overnight. Strain through coffee filter & put in spray bottle .Spray plant in evening & apply after rain. Do this several times till they get the hint ! Rascally Rabbit !!!!

• Suz1343480

• Janice Carroll

I tried all of these NOTHING< those bunnies ate the only thing is to plant florwers that the bunnies do not like and not such a great answer.
  • Pat33584501

Snares and rabbit stew