How To Create An Upcycled Herb Garden – Seed Planting #30dayflip

I am out right now! I am so jazzed to finally be starting this project today. I have been talking about doing it for about 6 months now. Heck. I even bought my Miracle Grow Potting Soil and Assorted Seeds on Amazon right when the idea struck 6 months ago (& because I can be really lazy).
Ordering online is a new obsession of mine. My office/studio has pretty much become a dumping group of unfinished projects and random art supplies.
But now that I am helping to lead these challenges with my lovely co-host, Jeanette from Snazzy Little Things, and it is really helping to hold me accountable for my diy projects.
My goal is simple…to live in a clean and clutter free home.
Last month I tackled my apartment’s little kitchen. This month, I am creating an upcycled herb garden.
STEP 1
Get your supplies together.
Toilet paper & paper towel rolls
Miracle Grow potting soil
Scissors
Assorted Culinary Seeds
Wine corks – I am a wine-o, so I save all my corks for projects. lol.
STEP 2
I used my scissors and cut a toilet paper role in half.
STEP 3
I cut the bottom in a cross cross pattern. Then folded the bottom like one would with a cardboard box.
STEP 4
Scoop up some potting mix into the little cardboard cup and lay it on a large plate or baking sheet. Read the directions on how deep to plant your seeds. Some herb seeds require more light and should be buried about 1/4″ deep vs. others that should be buried 1/2″-1″ deep.
STEP 5
I took out my sharpie and assorted wine corks and began writing the names of the seeds I was planting on them.
STEP 6
I added water to each little planter and placed it indoors in a place that gets a lot of sunlight. Mine is my kitchen table.

25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Meredith Schneider

1 comment
  • Nance
    Nance

great use of those tp rolls !!! thanks for the tip and the plantings too of course !