MyAlteredState
MyAlteredState
  • Provo, UT

DIY Floral Display

I’ve always believed that it’s a good day when you can put some random glass test tubes to use. If you don’t have glass test tubes laying around, they can easily be purchased on the internet or found in your local thrift store on a randomly lucky day.
diy floral display, crafts, flowers, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
First, I started by cutting some scrap.
The tricky part for me, is always the measuring. I chose to take a strip of paper, fold it in half several times, and get equally spaced lines to act as a template. Smart? I don’t know. Lazy? Probably.
This paper method allowed me to use a pokey thing to mark the board for the holes.
Then I drilled pilot holes with a small drill bit, to keep the large drill bit from walking all over the board.
To give the bottom of the little test tubes a place to rest, I clamped the top strip (with the holes) to the bottom strip, and barely drilled a dent.
I painted the pieces white before I assembled.
Then, a little Gorilla wood glue on the end pieces…
and then a little nail gun…
MyAlteredState