DIY Clay Pot Lighthouses

$10

Make Your Own Seaside Souvenir This idea has been around for years but now it's even better with the addition of dollar store solar lamps. Pick a favourite lighthouse and make your own version of it. Mine was inspired by a recent visit to a charming old lighthouse in our area. This is an easy, kid-friendly project and it can be completed in an afternoon (plus paint drying time). Visit the link below for recommended supplies and full instructions.
Pick a favourite lighthouse and make a garden art version of it! The simplicity of the design makes it really eye-catching.
I was inspired to make mine after a visit to a favourite lighthouse on Lake Huron (Ontario, Canada). The tall white tower and red lamp on top made it an easy project.
You'll need a few clay flower pots in various sizes from small to large. You will stack one on top of the next. A small clay saucer holds the top lamp in place. There's lots of options for lamps. Small solar garden lights work great, or look for a battery-operated lamp. If you don't need it to light up, an old salt shaker might be the right fit. Prime and paint the pots with outdoor patio craft paints. Visit the link below for complete details on recommended paints and materials. The last step is to glue the pieces together with an outdoor adhesive suitable for clay pots. I hope you'll make your own seaside souvenir.

• Clay flower pots  (department store)
  • Acrylic craft paints  (craft store)

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Gra33861535
    Gra33861535

Yes I have mine started. Just need two more pots and the light for the top. Good luck everyone.

• Julie
    Julie

I'm going to do this this weekend