Upcycle a Box Into a Kid's Play Stove for Under $5

How I upcycled a cardboard box and turned it into a kid's play stove for less than $5.
Turn a cardboard box into a play stove for just $5 total spent on it. $2 for cheap spray paint from Home Depot, play pots and silver duck tape from the dollar store ($3) I cut basic shapes for paper and old party hats. The chalkboard on the side was a frame I had on hand and spray painted using chalkboard spray paint (on hand) from Rustoleumusa. I also used a foam toy as the oven handle and spray painted it black. The oven knob was the top of a bottle of laundry detergent. Finished it off with hooks I on hand. A little imagination goes a long way!
Simple paper shapes go a long way.
To keep the cost low, I used the cheap spray paint from Home Depot. Each can is .89 cents.
If you enjoy making crafts for kids and with kids, we invite you to join our Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/diyandcraftideas/

DIYTanya

• Cindy Wilcox

I am curious how you attached the oven door to keep it from coming off when opened?

• Gail O'Brien

How did you make the burners look so good?

• DIYTanya

Hi Gail! I used my Cricut to cut out black circles. I also just silver glitter cardstock paper. Hope that helps!

• Joanie

I don't care how much this cost........I admire you so much for making this from a box. You saved your self money and she doesn't know money or cost.........All SHE knows is MOMMIE made her a stove......You're my type of young Mommie .......

• DIYTanya

❤️

☺️