DIY Charging Station Using Ikea's Fintorp System

$20

This may sound a bit anal but I can not stand cell phones and cell phone charges all up on the kitchen counter. While Corey is well aware of my hatred towards kitchen counter clutter (try saying that five times fast) our guests are not, so whenever they’re over they tend to charge their phones in the kitchen. Since our guests seem to prefer the outlets in the kitchen over any other room in the house and I happen to hate having their stuff all over my counter I decided to figure out a way that both parties can be happy. I also really needed wanted to go to Ikea.
Here’s what you’ll need: Ikea Fintorp Flatware Caddy Ikea Fintorp Hook Ikea Fintorp Wire Basket w/Handle Ikea Fejka Artificial potted plant (optional) screws vinyl decal (optional) Step 1: Determine where you want your charging station. This area in the kitchen is perfect because it won’t be in the way of anything and there’s a handy dandy plug right there.
To see the rest of the tutorial visit my blog post!
What I love about this system is that it’s easily customizable. I decided to go with the basket in the middle because some of our friends and family bring their iPads over and this basket is big enough to hold iPads. If I get tired of the fake plants I can just take those out and store other stuff in the caddies or I can remove the wire basket and use another caddy for the phones. You can do whatever butters your biscuit.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Maggie Lois

• Laura Vaughn Cox
    Laura Vaughn Cox

I found the basket at Dollar General $2

• Pam
    Pam

did your idea but added a USB powerstrip to the outlet and placed in basket. it has 5 USB outlets and 3 cord plugin. now everything can charge @ once

ower Strip with USB - NTONPOWER Travel Power Strip Mini Desktop Charging Station 3 USB 2 Outlets with 15 inches Wrapped Short Extension Cord for Cruise Ship Indoor Nightstand Hotel Plane Seat - White

by NTONPOWER

amazon