Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Make Birdfeeders From CD/DVDs & Plastic Cups

$0

Who doesn’t have old CDs or DVDs lying around? We’ve got a great upcycle way for our feathered friends have yummy stuff to eat. There are two different types of feeders you can make and we personally tested both types. The birds were thrilled! LOTS MORE PHOTOS HERE
make birdfeeders from cd dvds plastic cups, crafts, how to, outdoor living, pets animals, repurposing upcycling
Supplies Needed 1 CD or DVD Masking Tape / Brown paint (tree feeder) Paint if desired. Rope 3/8″ or 1/2″ (tree feeder) Small strip Washi Tape (tree feeder) Plastic cup. Shorter type Clear boondoggle, fishing line or anything to hang it with.(hanging feeder)j Fake leaves (hanging feeder) Hot Glue Drill Nail (tree feeder) X-acto Knife
The hanging feeder is fairly self explanatory. Just glue on your cup and add hangers. I left the CD plain rather than painting it as I thought it would attract the birds more.
For this tree feeder I decided to give mine a wood like finish. Tear small pieces of masking tape and cover it with them, overlapping. Cover over with a thin layer of brown acrylic paint. Cut out half the bottom of your cup. Hot glue the cup on. Add rope trim. Put a small strip of Washi tape over the perch area. Drill a hole in the edge. Fill with bird seed and nail to a tree.

• Old CD or DVD  (lying around)
  • 9oz Plastic Cups  (walmart)

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• PEGGY MARSHALL

WHAT IS WASHI TAPE?? DRILL A HOLE IN WHAT EDGE? PERCH AREA IS WHERE?

1. Washi Tape: See attached pic. Look on Amazon. Thousands of types!
      2. The outside edge of the CD to hang on a nail.
      3. They perch on the farthest end sticking out i.e. the bottom of the but where 1/2 is cut out. Kinda fuzzy in the pic I know.

Added a link to our actual post in the first text box of this post. It shows LOTS more photos which might help. Ü (It won't let me ad links here.)

• Cl.ebbing66

I'm thinking glue is for crafts. I don't think I would eat glue, so the birds probably wouldn't either. Read the label of ingredients....no food in glue except maybe salt. I'm not sure if salt is considered a food or chemical when it is eaten. Why not try a swab of peanut butter with a large spoon and sprinkle seed on it. When its discovered you will enjoy the antics and manners of our fine feathered friends. That is until those big, ugly, black birds find it. Don't be surprised if you get a few squirrels to. That's a whole new chapter. Suet blocks are good, but, hang them in a place where you don't mind the ground area below it to go barren. It's grease as in oil. Chow!
  • Charlotte Adams

awesome can't wait to try it