Make Birdfeeders From CD/DVDs & Plastic Cups

$0

Who doesn’t have old CDs or DVDs lying around? We’ve got a great upcycle way for our feathered friends have yummy stuff to eat. There are two different types of feeders you can make and we personally tested both types. The birds were thrilled! LOTS MORE PHOTOS HERE
Supplies Needed 1 CD or DVD Masking Tape / Brown paint (tree feeder) Paint if desired. Rope 3/8″ or 1/2″ (tree feeder) Small strip Washi Tape (tree feeder) Plastic cup. Shorter type Clear boondoggle, fishing line or anything to hang it with.(hanging feeder)j Fake leaves (hanging feeder) Hot Glue Drill Nail (tree feeder) X-acto Knife
The hanging feeder is fairly self explanatory. Just glue on your cup and add hangers. I left the CD plain rather than painting it as I thought it would attract the birds more.
For this tree feeder I decided to give mine a wood like finish. Tear small pieces of masking tape and cover it with them, overlapping. Cover over with a thin layer of brown acrylic paint. Cut out half the bottom of your cup. Hot glue the cup on. Add rope trim. Put a small strip of Washi tape over the perch area. Drill a hole in the edge. Fill with bird seed and nail to a tree.

• Old CD or DVD  (lying around)
  • 9oz Plastic Cups  (walmart)

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• PEGGY MARSHALL

WHAT IS WASHI TAPE?? DRILL A HOLE IN WHAT EDGE? PERCH AREA IS WHERE?

1. Washi Tape: See attached pic. Look on Amazon. Thousands of types!
      2. The outside edge of the CD to hang on a nail.
      3. They perch on the farthest end sticking out i.e. the bottom of the but where 1/2 is cut out. Kinda fuzzy in the pic I know.

Added a link to our actual post in the first text box of this post. It shows LOTS more photos which might help. Ü (It won't let me ad links here.)