DIY Laundry Detergent Recipe -- Really Works!

$10

I made laundry detergent from washing soda, baking soda, Borax, and castile soap. Here's the recipe: Now you need to measure with a tin can (just a regular tin can, like the kind that corn comes in). In a large container with a tight-fitting lid, mix 3 cans of Borax, 3 cans of baking soda, 3 cans of washing soda, and an 8 ounce bottle of castile soap. I found that stirring didn't work very well, so I put the lid on the container and shook it up really well.
I have been really pleased with this detergent. Dissolved in hot water (it is not as good in cold water), it actually removed stains and oils, and it makes the laundry smell really clean and fresh.
The ingredients of my DIY laundry detergent recipe
Final product: Powdered laundry detergent!

To see more: http://www.networx.com/article/i-made-my-own-laundry-detergent-and-so

• Deb

What size can did you use? It says cans of each. I did the same one here but with fels-naphta soap... might try this one next.

• Verunchikfit77

What do you use in cold water?