The Year My Junk Filled Summer Garden Was PERFECT.

Every time it's sunny out, I feel a little (lot) bit guilty.
My flowerbeds are currently filled to the brim with weeds! But it wasn't always like this...
There was this one summer that I went all out. Every blade of grass was cut, and every flower bed edged to the hilt.
It was hard, hard work. But... the outcome speaks for itself...
I'm hoping by posting these pictures that I'll be enticed to do the same again this year!
All I can say is, thank goodness for pictures... :)
Visit http://bit.ly/FunkyJunkSummerYard for the rest of the tour... it's a BIG one!
Edited to add: the cow mural was painted by an artist friend, designed for the side of a previous barn. It's currently safely stowed away until I land the perfect spot for it. I love it too!
repurposed junk filled summer garden, container gardening, gardening, landscape, lawn care, repurposing upcycling
Create a focal point!
My rustic garden shed is my pride and joy of the backyard. But it didn't always use to look like this...
The cow mural was the only thing going for this sad little broken down green house turned wood shed. After safe keeping the mural for a better spot....
... this transpired!
Old fenceboards were attached to the frame of the greenhouse, turning it into a rustic shed. The shed has truly become the heart and soul of the entire backyard.
Edge your flowerbeds like a pro.
Oh goodness.. try this if you haven't already! Lay a hose down with lots of natural curves, then using a half moon edger, cut the sod. Remove, then mound your soil away from the cut, creating a trench.
You truly won't believe the difference!
Not much going on here... but you just wait...
Get creative with trellis worthy things!
Some rusty old headboards came to the rescue! They worked terrific for flowers and tomatoes.
Such a sad little wheelbarrow. It just needed a little flower love...
Plant flowers in tight proximity so they offer super duper mounding in the summer.
And remember the trailing variety so the edges spill right to the ground.
Anything can be a rock garden!
Even a few old kettles. Just add a few rocks and position in a bare flower bed. Pretty, and moveable!
Plant with spilling in mind.
Here, these flowers appear to be pouring out of a kettle on its side at the foot of a walkway.
Create a birdie hotel... on a ladder!
I think every flower garden improves with a few cute birdhouses, don't you?
Wish to see more of the yard? Click the link below for the entire tour! Boy I did a LOT of work that summer... :)

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna