Cristin Frank
Cristin Frank
  • Buffalo, NY

Sewing Cabinet Upcycled into a Bar Cart

$6
1 Day

Sewing cabinets are something that I've seen a lot of in the past and have passed up because I wasn't seeing beyond their intended use. Now that I've upcycled this cabinet into a fun and useful drinks serving station, I would definitely seek out these cabinets in the future.
After the machine was gone, the inside of the cabinet was completely hollow. So I installed a sturdy board that I screwed to the underside of the cabinet. This makes the cabinet functional for storage.
After photo of sewing cabinet upcycled into a bar cart. Top is a removable serving tray.
Before photo of 1938 sewing cabinet
Before photo of 1938 sewing cabinet
Cristin Frank

• Lulu Dubin

So cool! I love it!

• BarinaCraft

Great to see antique furniture like this sewing cabinet being recycled and repurposed. Extra bonus to see new life as a home bar, but then we're a little biased.