Amy Ogden-Paparone
Amy Ogden-Paparone
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Pottstown, PA

From Table to Clock

$15.00
1 Day

Had this old table in the garage for about 2 years. It needed tons of work to be brought back to a table again.... so instead it became something totally different!
repurposed tabletop to wall clock, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
This is the table, it's 36". The bottom part was all rotted and couldn't be salvaged and that's when I decided it was done being a catepillar and time to be the butterfly!
I flipped the table over and sanded it all up.
Stained the inside and spray painted the rim around it to give it a more industrial type of look. And tacked in a piece of metal wire.
Then I cut out 40 (just incase I made a mistake) 4" rectangle pieces of metal and spray painted them. And then nailed them in with carpet tacks.
Had to move the eleven over a bit because I tacked it on to close to the 12.
Added the clock hands. Now because the table was so thick, I had to leave it so that when the battery needs to be changed you can just pop it out and pop it back in.
And here he is in all his workable glory, and keeping perfect time! I call it a him because it's a manly clock, and I live with all men. Lol. I really like the way it turned out. What do you think?
And Thanks to some very observant hometalkers, I fixed the lV to look like a four now and not another 6! LoL
Although I liked the darker numbers, they were difficult to see when it was evening, so I lightened them and now we can tell time any time of the day LoL

• Emmawilliams1

Absolutely gorgeous...just bought an old metal clock {little over foot in diameter} for $2.00, doesn't work. Maybe I can just get new "fixins" and use it as battery operated and do some old metal work to it? Any ideas out there?

• Ann1200154

Commented before how I loved this idea. However 4 is IV. It's backwards. But LOVE the idea.

• Jami

I have an old tile top patio table with a detachable tile lazy Susan in the center that I've been debating on whether to completely revamp & re-tile or turn into a large wall clock. Unsure how to start the project for a clock. Any suggestions?

• Amy Ogden-Paparone

That would be beautiful! would you happen to have a picture of it so I could get a better idea or what it looks like?