Bharati S
Bharati S
  • San Ramon, CA

Hand Painted Wallpaper in Laundry Room

Just because doing laundry is boring, Laundry room need not be plain and boring. After painting the laundry room with a 5$ oops paint from Homedepot, room still felt like something was missing. So, here is what I did using a home made stencil and a bottle of acrylic Paint
hand painted wallpaper in laundry room, laundry rooms, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Here is how it looked when we bought the house
I love the sophisticated look wallpaper gives, however wasn't ready for the pain of hanging it or removing it if I am fed up with wallpaper. I came across a blog post from JonesDesignCompany where she used a template to create the wallpaper look without the wall paper pain ;) and decided to give it a try.
After downloading the template provided by JonesDesignCompany, I modified it a little to match room dimensions and made the stencil using empty cereal box.
and here comes the after
Once the stencil was ready, I started tracing from top left corner, and went over on the traced lines with folk art acrylic color with the small brush. This is how it looked during the process after few rows were completed.
At few places I did mess up however it was nothing that I couldn't fix.
Bharati S

• Ivory

I love it, love it, love it! Must do. Just want to know how did you make the diagram of the cereal box so perfect looking?

• Bharati S

@Ivory Hi Ivory, I got the template from JonesDesignCompany. The link is there in my blog post. Tweaked it a little to match the room dimensions.