Indoor Herb Garden

I can grow plants just fine outside. Inside, I have a bit of a black thumb. Since I managed to keep a plant alive and it was in the kitchen nook, I took that as a sign and decided to try an indoor herb garden.
I have a nook in the kitchen. It sounds cute and charming but in this case it is not. For years it has taunted me with its big open empty space. I tried to fill the space, to make it practical and pretty. That’s not asking too much, is it? The nook would have none of it.
To fill up the space, I used a galvanized metal three tiered tray. I love tiered trays and I can also use it for entertaining. I started off with Basil, Oregano and Rosemary. I picked the herbs up at the supermarket in the cut flowers section. They were $1.99 each.
The lemons are fake but they smell real. I found them at HomeGoods. I also added a ball of jute twine, vintage scissors and a vintage glass watering can.
The Oregano and Rosemary were, dare I say, thriving so I added a couple of pots of $1.99 flowers for color. I think they are violets

Kristine(Teeny Ideas)