Upcycled Oatmeal Container to Hair Accessory Organizer

$2.00

If there is one thing that I can’t ever seem to keep up with then that is my hair ties or ponytail holders. Whatever you want to call it. They seem to disappear just as bad as the dryer eating our socks. Can you totally relate to this same problem?
Now you don’t have to worry about losing them anymore. I have an old oatmeal container that is the perfect solution for you. It is so simple to make while simplifying and organizing your life at the same time.
This is a great craft that you can make with your kids too, and it also doesn’t cost a lot to make. Now you just need an empty oats container and you are ready to go.
Place scrapbook adhesive squares on the back of the paper and then place the paper around the oats container.
Using the hot glue gun, place hot glue around the top edge of the candlestick holder and then place the oats container on top. I used a clear glass candlestick holder that I got from the dollar store.
While it dries, you can glue your drawer knob on the top of the oats lid. I found my silver knob at Lowes and it only cost me $0.98. They have so many different styles, but this one was the cheapest and also still very pretty.
Go look in your pantry for that oatmeal container or start hitting up your family for one so you can get started on this organizer. You won’t have to worry about losing stuff anymore with this quick, easy, and inexpensive solution.

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Southern Couture

• Joy
    Joy

What is the orange trim around the bottom and how do you do that?

• 20582684
    20582684

Why couldn't you use drawer liner material ?
    That way you can peel and stick it
    My oatmeal container lids is not like the one you are showing did you use another lid instead of the one that came on the oatmeal container?

• Simone
    Simone

love it, way to recycle

• Christie Decker
    Christie Decker

I've seen an organizer using an oatmeal container that was cut to open from the side, making alternating shelves that fold into the container when closed. It had no base. This has a lovely base to it, but it would be up too high to get into easily, and no way to get to things without dumping them all out. I'd like to 'marry' the two, and make one with the shelves but on top of the base like shown here...easily reached, easily seen, and lovely to look at. Now, to get an oatmeal container...I buy in bulk...Blessings!