DIY Cheap Subway Tile Backsplash

Do you want a cheap way to update your kitchen backsplash? How about for just $22 dollars? Here is how we added a subway tile look to our backsplash using paint. This can also be done using contact paper if you are renting a space. Here is our finished backsplash.
diy cheap subway tile backsplash, diy, how to, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
First paint the area in a grey paint (or whatever color you wanted...).
Next cut your tape using a straight-edged knife to the size you want for your grout. I wish I would have made mine a little bit smaller to 1/8".
Then tape your wall using a 3" x 6" cardboard paper as your template.
Using a credit card, make sure all the tape is sticking to the wall. But to get a crisp line, take the grey paint and paint over all the edges of the tape.
Then using a high gloss white paint, paint the whole area.
After everything has dried remove the tape and enjoy your new backsplash.
You can see more detailed instructions at: http://www.twofeetfirst.net/2015/05/diy-cheap-kitchen-backsplash.html
Megan {TwoFeetFirst}

• Ros29789893

What paint did you use to paint the tile? thanks

• Loretta Stevens

did you have any areas besides just under cabinets. Along cabinet sides? How do you address that issue?

• Rebecca Jenkins

Can you paint pink tile and green that is on wall and bathtub. My daughter and husband bought an older house and want to redo these tiles rather than replacing

• Lynne

you did a beautiful job!! this is one to save, and thanks

• Maude LaFountain

Looks so good ....I love it and gives me Idea's for my own Kitchen ...thanks for posting ...you did an awesome job !!!