DIY Cheap Subway Tile Backsplash

Do you want a cheap way to update your kitchen backsplash? How about for just $22 dollars? Here is how we added a subway tile look to our backsplash using paint. This can also be done using contact paper if you are renting a space. Here is our finished backsplash.
First paint the area in a grey paint (or whatever color you wanted...).
Next cut your tape using a straight-edged knife to the size you want for your grout. I wish I would have made mine a little bit smaller to 1/8".
Then tape your wall using a 3" x 6" cardboard paper as your template.
Using a credit card, make sure all the tape is sticking to the wall. But to get a crisp line, take the grey paint and paint over all the edges of the tape.
Then using a high gloss white paint, paint the whole area.
After everything has dried remove the tape and enjoy your new backsplash.
You can see more detailed instructions at: http://www.twofeetfirst.net/2015/05/diy-cheap-kitchen-backsplash.html

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Megan {TwoFeetFirst}

• Vicki
    Vicki

I am surprised the paint did not peel up when you pulled off the tape or was there touch up needed. I never wait until the paint has dried to pull the tape because of this. Was there a special type of paint? Tell us if there is a trick to prevent the paint from peeling up.

• A_jensen99
      A_jensen99

I would use quilting tape it is very slim and comes of very easily. The width is about the same as normal grout

• Stephanie Mastri
    Stephanie Mastri

Can you do this on outside foudation stucco? to look like brick? What type of paint would you need to use?

• Shelly s
    Shelly s
    Just now

can you show a before picture

• Cleo Powell
    Cleo Powell

instead of cutting the tape maybe you could use automotive tape? They have it in 1/4 . Just a thought .

Great job!

• Lorelei Sola
    Lorelei Sola

I love the subway tile look without having the grout to keep clean. This paint job is great. I definitely want to do this. I may use dark blue/gray as grout color. Thank you.