DIY Cheap Subway Tile Backsplash

Do you want a cheap way to update your kitchen backsplash? How about for just $22 dollars? Here is how we added a subway tile look to our backsplash using paint. This can also be done using contact paper if you are renting a space. Here is our finished backsplash.
First paint the area in a grey paint (or whatever color you wanted...).
Next cut your tape using a straight-edged knife to the size you want for your grout. I wish I would have made mine a little bit smaller to 1/8".
Then tape your wall using a 3" x 6" cardboard paper as your template.
Using a credit card, make sure all the tape is sticking to the wall. But to get a crisp line, take the grey paint and paint over all the edges of the tape.
Then using a high gloss white paint, paint the whole area.
After everything has dried remove the tape and enjoy your new backsplash.
You can see more detailed instructions at: http://www.twofeetfirst.net/2015/05/diy-cheap-kitchen-backsplash.html

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Megan {TwoFeetFirst}

• Sheri

If you painted the wall gray to get the grout lines, why do you have those white brick looking patches in the 2nd, 4th, and 5th picture down? You were going to paint the whole wall white to get the subway tiles, so why are those white brick strips there?

• Sheryll S

She painted gray OVER the tape to seal & prevent the white from seeping under the tape. I think.

• Vicki

I am surprised the paint did not peel up when you pulled off the tape or was there touch up needed. I never wait until the paint has dried to pull the tape because of this. Was there a special type of paint? Tell us if there is a trick to prevent the paint from peeling up.

• A_jensen99

I would use quilting tape it is very slim and comes of very easily. The width is about the same as normal grout

• Stephanie Mastri

Can you do this on outside foudation stucco? to look like brick? What type of paint would you need to use?

• Debbie Vazquez

I removed what they call Chattahoochee around my pool many years ago

I was expecting guest for the weekend so I needed a quick fix I did this outside.Around the pool I used beige with a reddish orange grout it Looked great resembled pavers

• Cleo Powell

instead of cutting the tape maybe you could use automotive tape? They have it in 1/4 . Just a thought .

Great job!

• Lorelei Sola

I love the subway tile look without having the grout to keep clean. This paint job is great. I definitely want to do this. I may use dark blue/gray as grout color. Thank you.