From Ugly Cupboard to Creative Paint Cart... Thanks to PAINT

When I create, I tend to need a LOT of room.
Well.. my paint studio was always running out of table top space. Not only that, I was always tripping from room to room to gather up all my immediate supplies.
So when I was recently challenged to paint something boring into something cool... I had a brainstorm...
Rummaging through my pile of junk, my eye landed on an ugly little cupboard I had found on the curb. And thanks to Fusion Mineral Paint, the ugly is history...
- - - -

event
Now, this is painting with personality, doncha think? :)
This boring little cupboard was found on the curb. It was such a wallflower, I'd forgotten about it buried underneath a heap of junk in the garage. But today was its lucky day...
Because I'm an old sign fanatic, I wanted the cupboard to resemble like it was made from a bunch of cut up old signs. No prob! :)
Each panel was painted with a treatment of it's own...
Paint source: Fusion Mineral Paint / love ALL the tones! There is not one I don't like.
... then (my own line of) stencils were added here and there. Here, half a Route 66 design goes on. Remember... cut up signs... stay with me!
Find the stencils HERE
After all the paint, the cupboard got some shiny new castors so I could scoot it around effortlessly.
You know... so I could quit tripping over junk looking for my junk!
One panel gets the duty of organizing my paint brushes...
Don't laugh, but I couldn't find ONE brush today. I had forgotten I put them away here... getting organized takes some getting use to it appears!
And the back of the cab is my stencil organizer, with the other side panel all about tools and such.
Even the top got enlarged with some upcycled fence boards, with ANTIQUES stencilled in place.
This. Thing. Works! Who else needs one? :)
This project was so fun to make, and was heavily inspired with the use of some great paint and a very funky stencil.
Find ANTIQUES and many other stencils HERE!

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna