Mudroom: Gutting and Starting Over!

$250
2 Weeks
Advanced

When we bought our old historic home not quite a year ago, we were going to paint, clean, and move in. BUT..... you can't paint "rotten".
It was DARK. Paneling and corkboard on the walls and ceilings with a brown carpet covered bench made this one super creepy outdated little room. Usually paint fixes everything in my opinion. BUT, when you kicked the wall next to the door, the whole thing flapped away from the house. Not good. So the ripping and tearing began....
We took everything down to the studs, tore out the bench, and used a crowbar to lift off the ceramic tile flooring. We put up new drywall, and installed vinyl plank flooring because it is water resistant and looks very much like wood. We have been very please with our flooring choice!
Using painters tape and lots of patience, I striped the walls using colors that I mixed together from other mistints. I wanted customized coat hooks and something more affordable than the pre-made ones so we cut boards the length of the wall, painted them white, and screwed them into the studs. Then we bought coat hooks in the shelving section at Menards with two in a pack for a good deal! I found very similar hooks in the drawer pull section for a much higher price so make sure you check and compare! (Or maybe it was the other way around, my memory is foggy!) I wanted lots of hooks for our many backpacks, coats, etc., so I put up what my hubby thought was an excessive amount. Nope, we've needed them all!
And now we have a much more acceptable mudroom! :) The approximate price of $250 for this makeover includes a new light fixture, trim, flooring, drywall, and hooks.
For LOTS more pictures of the cute little mudroom and the process it went through, click on over to my blog: http://www.kammyskorner.com/2015/05/mudroom-reveal-gutting-and-starting-over.html

Kammy's Korner