Amy
Amy
  • Old Forge, PA

I Painted My Refrigerator... With Chalkboard Paint.

$50
1 Day

This was actually a really, really easy project. I was anticipating it to be really time consuming, and also to be disappointed with the results. I have to say that it really only took half a day from start to finish and I'm totally in love with it. I think the finish looks great. My blog post covers all materials you'll need, how to get the surface ready, applying primer, painting the fridge, grille, and also the ice maker component.
i painted my refrigerator with chalkboard paint, appliances, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting, This one is more of what the finish looks like after it s primed
This one is more of what the finish looks like after it's primed.

i painted my refrigerator with chalkboard paint, appliances, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting, My fridge after I primed it with a coating of chalk
My fridge after I "primed" it with a coating of chalk!

i painted my refrigerator with chalkboard paint, appliances, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting, Before After photo This is also what it looks like after it s sponged clean Nice and black and slick
Before & After photo. This is also what it looks like after it's sponged clean. Nice and black and slick.

i painted my refrigerator with chalkboard paint, appliances, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting, Taping off the ice maker unit for spray paint
Taping off the ice maker unit for spray paint.

i painted my refrigerator with chalkboard paint, appliances, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting, 2 coats of magnetic primer allows you to still stick magnets to the fridge
2 coats of magnetic primer allows you to still stick magnets to the fridge.
Amy

• Amanda Vinson

I did this and loved it but it came right off when it dried. now i need to figure out how to get all of it off because it is horrible now

• Amy

@Amanda Vinson Hi Amanda -- did you prime the fridge first?

• Marilyn Robinson

Awesome never thought of this! Good job!