Super Easy Hollywood Light Fixture Upgrade for Under $5!

Do you have a not so pretty Hollywood vanity light fixture that you think your going to have to replace? Well, let me show you a simple way to upgrade it until your ready to spend the moolah to buy a new one! This fix is under $5 and takes about an hour total of your time!
My light fixture was a really bright yellow brass and it even had a weird green spot where the previous owners kids stuck a sticker or something. It had to go! I cut pieces of Lauan plywood to the same size of the front, the sides and the bottom. The sides and bottom pieces were just a bit bigger to cover the edges of the front piece.
Using construction adhesive, I glued the pieces directly to the brass.
Clamped them and let them dry overnight.
The next day, I used a saw drill bit to cut the holes from the inside.
Then I gave it a nice coat of stain- Provincial by MInwax. Before you stain, wipe it down with water to get the wood ready to accept the stain- especially with this kind of cheap wood.
I spray painted the brass fittings where the bulb fits. These fit inside the holes that I drilled.
There you have it! An upgraded version of a builder-grade light fixture that I can tolerate! To see more budget friendly tips, tricks, and tutorials visit my blog! http://OnBlissStreet.com

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
OnBlissStreet

• Pip
    Pip

Any suggestions for different bulbs or shades or? I really dont like mine (same kind as yours) and dont want to spend too much changing it up. Thank you!

• Tanya Wersinger
    Tanya Wersinger

Very cool!

• Kay
    Kay

She covered the ugly brass fixture with wood, by gluing, staining, drilling holes for lights to fit in, and it looks great.