Beth at Unskinny Boppy
Beth at Unskinny Boppy
  • Birmingham, AL

Easy Lampshade Makeover With a Thrift Store Sweater!

$2.99

Since it's been on my mind to create a cozy cable knit sweater lampshade I headed to the Thrift Store and found this pretty winter white sweater that I knew was perfect for my shade. It's not cable knit, but the poms caught my eye. And it was only $2.99.
Score.
Disclaimer: This tutorial is based on my experience only. Your results may vary. Use your own sensible judgement regarding lampshades, excess
how to cozy up a lampshade with a thrift store sweater keepingcozy, home decor, lighting, All you need for this project is a hot glue gun a pretty sweater and a lampshade
All you need for this project is a hot glue gun, a pretty sweater and a lampshade.
how to cozy up a lampshade with a thrift store sweater keepingcozy, home decor, lighting
To turn it into a lampshade, I pulled the sweater down over the top of the shade in the same fashion as putting a pillow case over an overstuffed pillow. It was tight, but tight is good in this scenario. The sweater was a ladies size small, but it had enough stretch in it to fit snugly around the shade when I pulled it down around it.
Now, are you ready to see the AFTER?
Be sure to visit my blog at the link below to see the FINAL REVEAL of this cheap and amazing project!
Beth at Unskinny Boppy

• Leslie Graeber

Do you think this is just a winter look or all year?

• Bunny

I was thinking it would be a winter look, but she has it in a casual, beach looking setting. Anyway, it looks sweet and classic.

• Lisa Sinclair

I think that would depend on your tastes, and likes. It's your home, do what make a you happy! Plus it's so simple to just pop the little dabs of hot glue, it cab be changed up in minutes.

• NORMA

lampshades, i need to find the stiff paper that is the backing for lampshades. i have an old lamp from thrift shop and the old bulb . Now I want to use the new type bulb which does not heat up. where can I get the materials to use.

• Karen Bonola

Asking people to visit your blog for the final review is not in the spirit of this site. Period.

• NaniJen

I am currently in the process of changing my decor in my living room and kitchen, and I this would be perfect to update my table lamp to fit that decor. Thank you!

& PS, I sort of agree with the others in that the only way to see the final result is to visit your blog, is not in the spirit of this site. So, I also didn't check out the final outcome, but that's not to say I won't do this project. I really do love it