Adding Texture With Bamboo Shades

The interior of a home is much like a great garden…it is made up of many layers. As we plant and tend our gardens over the years, we add and subtract plants and pathways and other elements to make the garden our own. This happens inside our homes as well.
adding texture with bamboo shades, window treatments, windows
This winter I made some curtains for my dining and living rooms, and recently I added another layer to the windows — bamboo shades. If you have followed the house makeover, you’ll remember that I started in the dining room with pastel pink walls (I am so not a pink girl) a chair rail around the room, and metal mini-blinds. Oh, yes…and that light fixture.
After I painted, added beadboard, and replaced some molding, the first layer, I sewed curtains for the windows. It was all a great improvement over the original look, but I wanted some texture and depth to the windows. So I added another layer to the window treatments—bamboo Roman shades.
I chose Levolor bamboo shades that I found at Lowe's. These natural bamboo shades come with a liner. As with the curtains, I hung the shade higher than the window, just under the curtain rod. The shade is as wide as the overall window including the molding. When you hang curtains and shades higher and wider than the window, it makes the window look much larger.
It is no longer necessary to pull the curtains together in the evening. Since these shades have a privacy liner, lowering the shade is much easier and keeps your curtains looking nicer for a longer period of time.
With the addition of new slipcovers for the chairs, the dining room is slowly coming together.
Shades: Custom Size Now by Levolor- Natural bamboo Roman shade (color: Tatami) purchased at Lowe's.
Lowe's will cut these shades to your measurements at no additional charge.
Now on to the finishing touches...
Best,
Julie

To see more: http://southernwilddesign.com/the-layered-window-texture-with-bamboo-shades/

• RS

Amazing job

• Deezie

I love bamboo shades. Yours look great, love your curtains too!!!