Homemade Chemical Free Mosquito Repelling Bracelet

I'm definitely not a fan of mosquitos, but even less of a fan of chemical filled bug sprays. We have tons of mosquitos around during the summer, and I just couldn't imagine breathing in bug spray this summer...plus, it's awful for our kiddos! This year, I decided to make my own mosquito repelling bracelets, and they work soooo well!
You just need a couple of things. I started with leather cording from Michaels and added a cute anchor charm to mine. You can totally leave the charm out, especially for the guys!
Cute, right?
I wrapped the cording around my wrist pretty loosely and tied it in a double knot. The leather is a bit stretchy, so you should be able to pull it on and off of your hand. To keep the mosquitos coming for you, simply add a few drops of Citronella essential oils in a few different spots. The raw leather will absorb the oil, and the mosquitos will avoid you!
Pair it with another cute bracelet and nobody will even know you have on a bug repelling bracelet...they'll just think you are super trendy and into the whole new leather bracelet trend ;) To see the full instructions and tons more bug repelling, killing and natural cleaning tips and tricks, click the link below!

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Mom4Real

• V_walters
    V_walters

What id turps and where can you buy it?

• June
    June

Deet is cancerous. It should be banned but it's not.

Just wondering what I can use instead of leather. I don't wear animal products. Any ideas??

• ShelbyNeen
      ShelbyNeen

June - try hemp. You can Google hemp bracelets and you will get a wide selection of ways to tie the hemp into decorative knots. I also think it will absorb the citronella pretty well. Good luck!

• Sylvia Salazar
    Sylvia Salazar

I’m going to try this for the family! Thank you for sharing!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

How resistant a person is to mosquito bites depends largely on their individual immune system. For some folks, no amount of various 'mosquito deterrents' will prevent them from getting bitten and reacting negatively, such as swelling or severe itching.

For these individuals, only spray containing a high concentration of Deet will repel the mosquitos.

• ShelbyNeen
      ShelbyNeen

I used to have success with an Avon product called "Skin So Soft". It was an oily after shower/bath product that was very scented (almost gag worthy) and it repelled all mosquitos. I get bit if I stick my nose out the door - no matter what the temp, or environment. I must be delicious - they love me.