Mom4Real
Mom4Real
  • Lexington, KY

Homemade Chemical Free Mosquito Repelling Bracelet

I'm definitely not a fan of mosquitos, but even less of a fan of chemical filled bug sprays. We have tons of mosquitos around during the summer, and I just couldn't imagine breathing in bug spray this summer...plus, it's awful for our kiddos! This year, I decided to make my own mosquito repelling bracelets, and they work soooo well!
homemade chemical free mosquito repelling bracelet, crafts, how to, pest control
You just need a couple of things. I started with leather cording from Michaels and added a cute anchor charm to mine. You can totally leave the charm out, especially for the guys!
Cute, right?
I wrapped the cording around my wrist pretty loosely and tied it in a double knot. The leather is a bit stretchy, so you should be able to pull it on and off of your hand. To keep the mosquitos coming for you, simply add a few drops of Citronella essential oils in a few different spots. The raw leather will absorb the oil, and the mosquitos will avoid you!
Pair it with another cute bracelet and nobody will even know you have on a bug repelling bracelet...they'll just think you are super trendy and into the whole new leather bracelet trend ;) To see the full instructions and tons more bug repelling, killing and natural cleaning tips and tricks, click the link below!
Mom4Real