Homemade Chemical Free Mosquito Repelling Bracelet

I'm definitely not a fan of mosquitos, but even less of a fan of chemical filled bug sprays. We have tons of mosquitos around during the summer, and I just couldn't imagine breathing in bug spray this summer...plus, it's awful for our kiddos! This year, I decided to make my own mosquito repelling bracelets, and they work soooo well!
You just need a couple of things. I started with leather cording from Michaels and added a cute anchor charm to mine. You can totally leave the charm out, especially for the guys!
Cute, right?
I wrapped the cording around my wrist pretty loosely and tied it in a double knot. The leather is a bit stretchy, so you should be able to pull it on and off of your hand. To keep the mosquitos coming for you, simply add a few drops of Citronella essential oils in a few different spots. The raw leather will absorb the oil, and the mosquitos will avoid you!
Pair it with another cute bracelet and nobody will even know you have on a bug repelling bracelet...they'll just think you are super trendy and into the whole new leather bracelet trend ;) To see the full instructions and tons more bug repelling, killing and natural cleaning tips and tricks, click the link below!

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Mom4Real

• V_walters

What id turps and where can you buy it?

• June

Deet is cancerous. It should be banned but it's not.

Just wondering what I can use instead of leather. I don't wear animal products. Any ideas??

• Sylvia Salazar

I’m going to try this for the family! Thank you for sharing!

• Flipturn

How resistant a person is to mosquito bites depends largely on their individual immune system. For some folks, no amount of various 'mosquito deterrents' will prevent them from getting bitten and reacting negatively, such as swelling or severe itching.

For these individuals, only spray containing a high concentration of Deet will repel the mosquitos.