Broken Purse Strap

Well, my purse strap broke. I could've sewn it back, but it really wasn't very comfortable on my shoulder anyway. It didn't have holes or worn, and quite frankly it was a 'bargain' purse. But not worthy of the trash can. So, emptied, it hung on my banister inside my screen room. Until my husband said "Do something with this or throw it away"
broken strap, whoops
broken strap, whoops
Me, throw anything away? Surely not. My friend used an old purse in her garden, she filled it with dirt and flowers. Well, I am working on my garden room, inside. And looked at an empty hook on the wall. Perfect !
broken purse strap to planter, container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Draped the 'good strap' on the hook. And just happened to have a potted plant that fit.
Perfect Potted Plant fit right in there!
Just need to use a little care when watering, slight angle. But it works!
Nice touch to my little collective corner.
And my husband smiled. I told him a 'green ivy' plant would work better....He said 'No...that's you'