Thrift Diving
Thrift Diving
  • Silver Spring, MD

My Thrifted Craft Room

All the pieces of furniture in my craft room have come from the thrift store or bought second-hand! It's still "IN PROGRESS" but I will be finished soon! Here's a look at its progress and how inexpensive it's was to furnish!
How my craft room look so far. It's coming along nicely! It contains a thrifted vintage drafting table, a DIY card catalog, and a thrifted shelf.
This $5.00 shelf from the thrift store was lined in inexpensive contact paper from Target, and mod podged to the back. Love it!
I love the way this drafting table is perpendicular to the wall. It helps to create a more definite crafting area back in this part fo the room, since hubby needs the other part for work.
I flanked the end of the drafting table with this $15 yard sale bookcase that I painted while. It holds all my sewing, knitting, and home improvement books.
my thrifted craft room, chalk paint, craft rooms, home decor
Cute little $1.00 thrift store cup, which sits on my drafting table.
It can hold any scissors or markers.
It can hold any scissors or markers.
The shelf was painted and distressed and waxed. I lined it with contact paper from Target that cost only $5.00 for a big roll! Cheaper than scrapbook paper or wallpaper. And I upcycle old tin cans to hold suppies.
On the drafting table, I'm using a vintage shoe shine kit to hold paper and supplies. Love it! Only $6.00
This is what it looked like for a whole year after we moved in: brown, ugly, and cold. AND a cluttered desk.
The room just got messier and messier!
The room just got messier and messier!
I finally had to do something about it. I wanted turquoise! So I got primin'.
Now that the furniture placement is figured out, the next step is setting up the Ikea Expedit bookcase to hide all the clutter of crafting supplies!
There's no way I could leave this Ikea Expedit like this! The baskets are so expensive, though--like $30 each! I'll find an inexpensive alternative.
Here's the BEFORE of the shelf that is hanging above the drafting table. Only $5.00 at the thrift store!
I painted it with Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint.
My $40 sewing cabinet found at the thrift store.
This $40 thrift store sewing cabinet converts to a full-sized table, and my machine pops out the top :) I can't wait to paint it!
Thrift Diving