Tin Can Tool Caddy

Made this for .25 using things I had on hand, and a yard sale find. Not just for utensils, but craft supplies and for kids crayons and markers. Choose a color to match your decor, or think about solid white to go with everything.
Give everything a coat of primer. Check the blog for hints on getting cans ready to use.
Then paint. Use a good paint, usually 2 coats.
Fit onto cutting board. I left space between the 2 rows for napkins since they always want to blow away. I used hot glue to attach the cans to the board.
Fill and enjoy.
A few hints and more details on by blog.

Rosemary Palmer

• Marcela

Aré the cans attached to each other? The knives’ can could flip

• Joan Bennett

This looks fabulous !My problem is non-usable drawers,full counter...where and how can I store cutlery?

• Terry Duke

For anyone who has yet to discover it— the product “E6000” is hands down the most amazing adhesive I have found. It will glue ANYTHING to ANYTHING forever and ever”AMEN!”

That said—🎊 WHAT A GREAT LITTLE PROJECT! 🎊 I am ALL about recycling & I have done similar and used fabric to cover the cans! For this project to hold up you might consider countersinking the underside and adding a small screw and washer that would feed up into the bottom of the can. A smidge if Loctite or E6000 would secure the nut on the inside if the can. This would be a great tailgating addition if ribbon trim were added around the can pairs... in this case... Black and whit Houndstooth seems appropriate!😉

• Joan Bennett

I needed an idea for storing utensils since my cabinet drawers are mighty skinny...this might work !