Thrifted Necktie Patriotic Wreath

Neckties are a dime a dozen at thrift stores...So why not turn them into a fun, unique way to show your support for Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the 4th of July with a patriotic wreath?
Find all my hints and tips to making this wreath in the original blog post!
thrifted necktie patriotic wreath, crafts, how to, patriotic decor ideas, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
To create this, you'll need a wire wreath form (available at craft stores), some safety pins, a needle and thread, and of course, the neckties! I used 14 in total- all of which I collected from various thrift stores.
First, I cut each necktie to size- about 15" long, saving the wider end of each tie. Then, I wrapped the cut end around the wire frame a few times, and safety-pinned it in place.
I continued with each additional tie...overlapping the ties ever so slightly, and finagling them so that the corners matched up all the way around.
After all the ties were in place, I whipped stitched them together at the corners and where they wrapped around themselves- very simple, and pretty quick. Then, I removed the safety pins and hung it on my front door!
Please check out the original blog post for all the steps and instructions!

• Neckties  (Thrift Store)
  • Wreath Form  (Amazon.com or craft store)
Sadie Seasongoods

• Annie Doherty

Terrific use of ties which will never be worn again, I wondered what to do with my husband's old ones now it's all systems go. Brilliant and so straightforward too, thank you for sharing.

• Jo Ann Ahrens

Nice Father's day gift!