Choosing Gray as Living Room Wall Color

When we found our wonderful Craftsman home, it was a complete blank canvas; one that had been painted white - nearly everything including the living room's brass chandelier.
choosing gray as living room wall color, living room ideas, paint colors, painting
This is houw the living room looked when we found our home - a blank canvas.
We selected a lovely gold color for our living room's walls. This created a background for an English Cottage decor. We enjoyed this look for 10 years. It was time to change
I selected for paint samples and painted a swatch on the wall. After living with these colors for a week, we selected Valspar Smoked Oyster from Lowes. For the ceiling I chose Valspar's Oatland Taupe and for the trim Valspar's Asiago.
A new serene atmosphere was created by these soft gray colors. This required a whole new look in decor. I began to plan to paint and slipcover furniture to transform from English Cottage to French Cottage.
I also painted the walls and trim at the stair landing and going up the stairway.
The complementary colors for the living room decor include shades of blue, beige and gray - this side chair will be slipcovered.
The new look - I love the serenity this shade of gray invokes - I am very glad that I've selected gray as a wall color.
Kathy R